In Event of Loss
In the event you suffer a loss, your safety is the primary concern. Once addressed, report your claim to Wellington as soon as possible. The claim reporting service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (800-880-0474). Wellington Claim Service, Inc. is the claims administrator that is likely to handle your claim moving forward.
Your claim will be assigned to an examiner who will contact you to discuss the claim. To assist in its processing, an inspection of your property may be requested. If this occurs, either you or a person you select that has knowledge of your claim and can speak on your behalf should be present during the inspection.
You likely have duties under your policy once a loss occurs. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Protecting the property from further loss, which may include making reasonable repairs.
- Photographing the damage where possible to assist in documenting your claim.
- Keeping an accurate record of any expenses associated with your claim. This includes receipts, accounting records, bills, invoices and other vouchers.
- Reporting any theft to the police as soon as possible.
- Preparing an inventory of the damaged, destroyed, and/or stolen personal property.
Please refer to your policy for a complete list of your duties after a loss.