Information We Collect
On This Website
Wellington will not collect nonpublic personal information about you when using this website unless you voluntarily provide us that information. "Nonpublic personal information" generally means information about your identity that is not available from other public sources. However, we may collect anonymous information that provides us with website information, including, but not limited to: the number of visitors to this website; which pages are most popular; and server log data, such as a computer's IP address, what types of browsers are used to access this website, and the webpage you were visiting before you came to this website. We use and may share website information for analytics purposes to improve our website, products, and services.
From or About Our Applicants and Customers
We do collect nonpublic personal information as permitted by applicable law. Wellington may collect a variety of such information, including, but not limited to:
- Information from you or your agent on applications for insurance and when you pay insurance premiums, file an insurance claim, or use the chat feature (including, but not limited to: date of birth, social security number, driver's license number, phone number, e-mail address, and employment status);
- Information from your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others (including, but not limited to: policy coverages, premiums, payment history, and loss/claim history);
- Information we receive from consumer reports or your mortgage company; and
- Information from third parties as permitted by law (including, but not limited to: credit bureaus, motor vehicle reports, claim reports, demographic data, medical information and/or history).
We do not sell your information to third parties. We use this information in order to effect, administer, and/or enforce a transaction that you request or authorize and/or to provide services related to your relationship with us. Any third parties that perform services for us in connection with processing your transactions are required to safeguard your information and use such information only in connection with performing those services.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share information as permitted or required by applicable law. Instances where we may share information include:
- For our everyday business purposes - such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to your e-mails, telephone calls, or online chat inquiries, respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus.
- For our marketing purposes - to offer our products and services to you.
- For joint marketing with other financial companies.
- For our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your transactions and experiences.
"Affiliates" include AmRisc, LLC; McGriff Insurance Services, LLC; Truist Insurance Holdings, LLC; Wellington Adjusting Services, LLC; Wellington Claim Service, LLC; Wellington Risk Consulting, LLC; Wellington Risk Insurance Agency, LLC d/b/a Wellington Insurance Group; and Wellington Specialty Insurance Agency, LLC. Nonaffiliates we may share with include insurance companies that offer and/or write the insurance policies we service and/or support.
We employ reasonable physical and technical safeguards to maintain the confidentiality of your nonpublic personal information and to comply with applicable federal and state law.
Cookies and Beacons
For more information on how Google uses the data it receives in connection with Google Analytics visit www.Google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
This website may contain links to third-party websites not maintained by Wellington, or you may have reached this website from a link on a third-party website. Wellington does not endorse, promote, or otherwise recommend in any way the products, services, and/or information available on any such websites. Any links to third-party websites on this website are offered for informational purposes only. Wellington does not control and is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of third parties. Accordingly, you should understand the privacy and security policies of any such third-party website.
Communicating Over the Internet
No method of communicating over the Internet, whether by e-mail or otherwise, is fully secure. While Wellington seeks to protect your information as outlined above, you should not assume that communications over the Internet are secure.